Tuesday 28 November 2023

Tiger Woods on 2024: ‘Maybe a tournament a month’

As Tiger Woods prepares to make his return to competitive golf this week, he told reporters he’s aiming to play a limited schedule next year.

“I think that best scenario would be maybe a tournament a month,” the 15-time major winner, who has been hampered by injuries in recent years, said Tuesday at the Hero World Challenge in Bahamas.

“Now, I need to get myself ready for all that. I think this week is a big step in that direction.”

Woods, 47, is playing a competitive event this week for the first time since he withdrew from the Masters seven months ago and then underwent subsequent subtalar fusion surgery on his right ankle.

“I’m excited to compete and play and I’m just as curious as all of you are to see what
happens because I haven’t done it in a while,” he said. “I can tell you this, I don’t have any of the pain that I had at Augusta or (before) that in my ankle. Well, other parts are taking the brunt of the load, so I’m a little more sore in other areas, but the ankle’s good.”

Woods acknowledged his “game feels rusty.”

But he doesn’t want to play just for the sake of playing.

“I love competing, I love playing. I miss being out here with the guys, I miss the camaraderie and the fraternity-like atmosphere out here and the overall banter,” he said.

“But what drives me is I love to compete. There will come a point in time, I haven’t come around to it fully yet, that I won’t be able to win again. When that day comes, I’ll walk — well, now I can walk. I won’t say ‘run away,’ but I’m going to walk away.”



from Sportsnet.ca
via i9bet

No comments:

Post a Comment

How Marco Estrada developed one of best changeups we’ve seen lately

from Sportsnet.ca via i9bet